Chase Healey, co-owner of Tulsa, Okla.-based Prairie Artisan Ales, has announced the formation of a members only society for his new side project, a company named American Solera.
According to labels filed with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), the beers from the new company will be brewed at Prairie Artisan Ales’ brewery in Tulsa, and will consist of sour and coolship brews. A total of 250 memberships for the inaugural year were opened up to the general public on May 29, and the company is allowing proxies.
A post on the company’s website details what is included for the $300 fee:
- 20 bottles (375ml or larger)
- Opportunity to purchase additional bottles before the general public
- A 10 percent discount in tasting room on draft and merchandise purchases
- Two custom glasses
- Membership card
- Option to assign a proxy to be listed on ID if unable to pick-up
- Priority on volunteer opportunities such as bottling (pizza and bottles)
- Priority purchasing for 2017-2018 membership
In a post on the new company’s Facebook page, the company details the first six beers members will be receiving; two each of six different bottles in August, three of which will be member exclusives.
- Western Culture (5.4 percent ABV) — 375ml bottles — coolship ale aged in oak barrels
- Foeder Gold (5.6 percent ABV) — 375ml bottles — sour golden ale aged in oak Foeder
- Foeder Cerise (6 percent ABV) — 375ml bottles — ale aged in oak Foeder with cherries added
- Blue barrel (Member Exclusive)
- Cranbarrel (Member Exclusive)
- Sherry Barrel Western Culture (Member Exclusive) (5.4 percent ABV) — 375ml bottles — coolship ale aged in sherry barrels
Interested parties can sign up for the American Solera Society here.