We now know the locations around the world where 2019 Zwanze Day will be held on Sept. 28, but there will be less of the beer made specifically for the events than in years past.
As has historically been the case, the annual event celebrating Brasserie-Brouwerij Cantillon will be held in various locations around the globe on the same day, with each location pouring that year’s release brewed specifically for the festivities by the Brussels, Belgium-based brewery. However, according to the brewery, there are there are slightly fewer locations that will be pouring the beer this year compared to last year due to “problems we had with a few defective keykegs.”
The specific beer being poured is 2019 Zwanze, a “wholly unique brew” consisting of a smoked Lambic that incorporates a blend of classic pilsner malt and smoked malt that was brewed on March 1, 2016 and kegged on Jan. 26, 2018. Last year’s incarnation of 2018 Zwanze was composed of blend of lambic aged in three different types of wine barrels for two years: Amarone, Chianti and Sangiovese.
According to a post on Cantillon’s Facebook page, the locations for 2019 Zwanze Day will be:
- Besk Bar —West Leederville
- Bucket Boys — Marrickville
- Tribaun —Innsbruck
- Moeder Lambic Fontainas — Brussels
- Moeder Lambic Saint-Gilles — Brussels
- Mi-Orge Mi-Houblon — Arlon
- Rose Red — Brugge
- Dieu du Ciel — Montréal, Québec
- Birreria Volo — Toronto, Ontario
- Bells and Whistles, Vancouver — British Columbia
- Beer&Barrel谷木 — Shanghai
- Himmeriget — Copenhagen
- Stadin Panimo Baari — Helsinki
- La Fine Mousse — Paris
- La Capsule — Lille
- Brasserie du Mont-Salève — Neydens
- Au Poêle de la Bête — Toulouse
- Le Sur Mesure, Nantes
- Café Herman — Berlin
- Mon Petit Café — Stuttgard
- Cork & Cage — Birmingham
- Six° North — Aberdeen
- Moor Beer — Bristol
- Beermerchants Tap —London
- Brownhill & Co —Leeds
- Ma Che Siete Venuti A Fà — Rome
- Abbazia di Sherwood — Caprino Bergamasco
- LambicZoon — Milano
- The Drunken Duck — Quinto Vicentino
- Malto Gradimento — Reggio Calabria
- Ottavonano — Atripalda
- Birre & Mondo Crudele — Crema
- Storie di Pinte — San Lazzaro
- Wine no Oozisama — Nara
- Kiya — Nagoya
- Popeye — Tokyo
- Nøgne Ø — Grimstad
- De Bierkoning — Amsterdam
- Garage Project — Wellington
- Eric the Red — Moscow
- Masia Agullons — Sant Joan de Mediona
- Zum Franziskaner — Stockholm
- Bière Café Au Trappiste — Bern
- Alewife — Long Island City, N.Y.
- Armsby Abbey — Worcester, Mass.
- Avenue Pub — New Orleans, La.
- Bagby Beer — Oceanside, Calif.
- Beachwood BBQ — Seal Beach, Calif.
- Brick Store Pub — Decatur, Ga.
- Crooked Stave Barrel Cellar — Denver, Colo.
- de Garde Brewing — Tillamook, Ore.
- E9 Brewing Co. — Tacoma, Wash.
- Fonta Flora Brewery — Morganton, N.C.
- Green Bench Brewing Co. — St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Hill Farmstead Brewery — Greensboro, Vt.
- Holy Grale — Louisville, Kentucky
- Jester King Brewery — Austin, Texas
- Monk’s Café — Philadelphia, Pa.
- Novare Res Bier Café — Portland, Maine
- Redlight Redlight — Orlando, Fla.
- Row 34 — Boston, Massachusetts
- Russian River Brewing — Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Sante Adairius Portal — Santa Cruz, Calif.
- Schera’s Restaurant and Bar — Elkader, Iowa
- Side Project Brewing Cellar — Maplewood, Mo.
- The Sovereign — Wash. D.C.
- Spuyten Duyvil — Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Thin Man Brewery — Buffalo, N.Y.
- The Veil Brewing Co. — Richmond, Va.
- Hopleaf Bar — Chicago, Ill.
- Yazoo Brewing Co. — Madison, Tenn.