Brewery Ommegang has another beer in its Game of Thrones series on the way, but fans will have to wait a bit longer to drink it.
The newest release from the Cooperstown, N.Y.-based brewery is Bend The Knee Golden Ale, a 9 percent ABV golden ale brewed with bravo, Saaz and Styrian Golding hops as well as wildflower added during fermentation. Unlike previous beers in the series based on the popular HBO show that is itself based on the bestselling novels by George R. R. Martin, this newest release will be available in 750ml bottles adorned with three different Great House sigils from the show: Lannister, Stark and Targaryen.
The addition of Bend The Knee Golden Ale Brewery brings the total number of Brewery Ommegang Game of Thrones Series beers that have been released or announced to eight:
- Iron Throne Blonde Ale (6.5 percent ABV)
- Take the Black Stout (7 percent ABV)
- Fire and Blood Red Ale (6.8 percent ABV)
- Three-Eyed Raven Dark Saison (7.2 percent ABV)
- Seven Kingdoms Hoppy Wheat Ale (6.9 percent ABV)
- Valar Morghulis Dubbel Ale (8 percent ABV)
- Valar Dohaeris Tripel Ale (9 percent ABV)
- Bend The Knee Golden Ale (9 percent ABV)
According to Brewery Ommegang, Bend The Knee Golden Ale will be packaged in corked and caged 750ml bottles ($10.99) and it is scheduled to be released to the brewery’s entire 43 state distribution network in May.