After releasing its annual lists of the top 50 craft and overall brewing companies in the U.S. and its analysis of the craft beer industry for 2017, the Brewers Association (BA) has announced its list of the 50 fastest growing small and independent craft brewing companies of 2017 for the first time.
According to the trade group, the top ten fastest growing craft breweries in the U.S. for 2017 are:
- CraftRoots Brewing Co. — Milford, Mass.
- Goat House Brewing Co. — Lincoln, Calif.
- Crowded Castle Brewing Co. — Phoenisville, Pa.
- Idyll Hounds Brewing Co. — Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.
- Royal Docks Brewing Co. — Canton, Ohio
- Draper Brewing — Tenmile, Ore.
- Mastry’s Brewing Co. — St. Pete Beach, Fla.
- Novo Brazil Brewing Co. — Chula Vista, Calif.
- Bruehol Brewing Co. — Benicia, Calif.
- Lumber House Brewing Co. — Maple Valley, Wash.
The median growth for craft breweries in 2017 compared to 2016 was 216 percent, while the median production of the breweries on the list grew from 284 barrels to 963 barrels during that same time period. The list is made up of small and independent breweries that were opened before Dec. 31, 2015 who participated in the Brewers Association’s annual Beer Industry Production Survey and provided data from at least three years.
“With 5 percent growth overall for small and independent brewers in 2017 and microbreweries and brewpubs delivering the majority of that, we wanted to spotlight some of the breweries driving that growth,” said Bart Watson, chief economist of the Brewers Association, in a press release. “As the growth base for craft becomes more diffuse, these fast growing brewing companies illustrate that a diverse set of success stories still exist.”
The Brewers Association is a not-for-profit trade group representing small and independent craft brewers.