A new release in Boulevard Brewing Co.’s Brewhouse One Series is coming soon just in time for Thanksgiving.
Messenger in a Bottle is a 14.9 percent ABV Imperial Stout aged in “freshly-emptied J. Rieger’s Kansas City whiskey barrels for one year and transferred to another set of fresh J. Rieger’s barrels to age for an additional six months before resting on Guatemalan coffee beans roasted by Messenger Coffee Company and whole Madagascar vanilla beans prior to bottling,” according to the brewery’s website.
The new ale is the sixth release in Boulevard’s Brewhouse One Series, which is made up of beers released exclusively at the brewery:
- Requiem for a Pancake – aged in rye and bourbon barrels with maple syrup (13.3 percent ABV)
- One Love – aged in Jamaican Rum barrels (14.6 percent ABV)
- Rye on Rye on Rye on Rye (15.5 percent ABV)
- Allegro Non Troppo (11 percent ABV)
- Paw Paw’s Got a Brand New Bag (9.2 percent ABV)
- Messenger in a Bottle (14.9 percent ABV)
The Kansas City, Mo.-based brewery will be releasing Messenger in a Bottle in 12-ounce bottles ($12) and will have four packs ($40) when it is released at the Boulevard Tours & Rec Center on Nov. 21.
Proceeds from sales ($1 per bottle sold) will go to Operation Breakthrough to benefit “the work they do toward providing a safe, loving and educational environment for children in poverty and empowering families through advocacy, emergency aid and education.”