One of Bottle Logic Brewing’s most popular releases from last year is returning, this time with a variant.
The Anaheim, Calif.-based brewery has announced later this month it will be selling bottles of Ground State, a 13.4 percent ABV imperial breakfast stout brewed with maple syrup before being aged in bourbon barrels with Madagascar vanilla beans and coffee beans from Guatemala and El Salvador. This is a change from the original release last year, which did not feature the addition of maple syrup.
In addition to Ground State 2017, Bottle Logic will be debuting Reaction State, a variant of Ground State. The brewery describes the 11.8 percent ABV stout as“maple syrup barrel-aged, Tahitian-vanilla-bean-boosted, cinnamon-finished, breakfast-stout-perfected counterpart.”
The new stout will join 15 other beers in Bottle Logic’s Stasis Project Series, the brewery’s barrel-aged series:
- Fundamental Observation (13.7 percent ABV) — barrel-aged imperial vanilla stout
- Leche Borracho (11 percent ABV) — tequila and bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout brewed with chili peppers, cinnamon, cocoa nibs and lactose sugar
- Some Assembly Required (8.9 percent ABV) — brett saison aged in white wine barrels
- Picture If You Will (11.8 percent ABV) — ale brewed with pumpkins, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger aged in bourbon barrels
- Strangematter (10.5 percent ABV) — saison brewed with orange blossoms, basil, honey and pink peppercorns and aged in wine barrels
- Passionate Dragon (8.8 percent ABV) — saison brewed with passionfruit, dragonfruit and kumquats aged in red and white wine barrels
- Ideation (14.3 percent ABV) — wheat wine aged in bourbon barrels
- Ground State (12.5 percent ABV) — imperial breakfast stout brewed with chocolate powder and cocoa nibs aged in Buffalo Trace bourbon barrels with vanilla and coffee beans sourced from Guatemala and El Salvador
- Stronger Than Fiction (14.2 percent ABV) — American strong ale that has been aged in bourbon barrels and conditioned on both coconut and coffee beans
- Space Trace (11.1 percent ABV) — imperial stout brewed with cocoa nibs and coconut before being aged in bourbon barrels
- The Dark Wanderer (12.2 percent ABV) — imperial chocolate stout aged in bourbon barrels
- Horadric Red Ale (12.5 percent ABV) — red ale aged in bourbon barrels
- Darkstar November (13.8 percent ABV) — Russian imperial stout brewed with rye and molasses before being aged in bourbon barrels
- Redeye November (13.8 percent ABV) — Russian imperial stout brewed with coffee, rye and molasses before being aged in bourbon barrels
- Byzantine Vision (10.7 percent ABV) — Baltic porter conditioned on hazelnuts, pistachios, and walnuts before being finished with wild honey and aged in bourbon barrels
- Reaction State (11.8 percent ABV) — imperial breakfast stout brewed with Tahitian vanilla beans and cinnamon aged in maple syrup barrels
According to Bottle Logic, both Ground State 2017 and Reaction State will be packaged in 500ml bottles priced at $20.95 and $22.95 respectively.
Ground State 2017 will have a limit of four bottles per person while Reaction State will have a limit of two bottles per person when they go on sale via Eventbrite on Feb. 26. Customers will be able to pick up their bottles starting on March 4 and no proxies will be allowed.