At least one beer that was included a popular series from Bell’s Brewery, Inc. is making a comeback.
According to filings with the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), the Comstock, Mich.-based brewery will be rereleasing Mars, a 10.1 percent ABV double IPA brewed with Munich malts. The original debut of the IPA was in August 2014, when it was named Mars, The Bringer of War (10.10 percent ABV) and was the first beer released in Bell’s Planets Series, which was based off off Gustav Holst’s orchestral suite called The Planets.
The Planets Series debuted in August 2014 and included seven different beers, with each beer released approximately every two months:
- Mars, The Bringer of War – Double India Pale Ale – August 2014
- Venus, The Bringer of Peace – Blonde Ale – October 2014
- Mercury, The Winged Messenger – Belgian Single – December 2014
- Jupiter, The Bringer of Jollity – Malt Forward Brown Ale – February 2015
- Saturn, The Bringer of Old Age – Bourbon Barrel-aged Barleywine – April 2015
- Uranus, The Magician – Black Double India Pale Ale – May 2015
- Neptune, The Mystic – Mystical Stout – July 2015
The newest incarnation of Mars will be packaged in 12-ounce bottles. An email sent to the brewery for additional information was not immediately returned.