Bell’s Brewery, Inc. has announced its 2017 Release Calendar, and there are a few surprises on the list.
Two beers are making comebacks after their initial release: the first is Mars, a 10.1 percent ABV double IPA that was part of Comstock, Mich.-based brewery’s seven-part Planets Series inspired by the music of Gustav Holst that will be shipping in April while the second is Hell Hath No Fury…Ale, a 7.7 percent ABV “Belgian-inspired dark ale” that was first released in 2010 that is scheduled to ship in September.
In addition, there will be two new beers released: the already announced Am I Right Or Amarillo, a 6 percent ABV American IPA brewed with Amarillo hops that will ship exclusively in the state of Texas starting in March, and an as-yet-unnamed specially stout that will debut in bottles in the fall.
Finally, Oberon (5.8 percent ABV), the brewery’s seasonal American wheat ale, will begin shipping on March 27, with five-liter kegs shipping in May.
The full schedule is:
- January —Hopslam — 12-ounce bottles and draft
- February — Consecrator Doppelbock — 12-ounce bottles and draft
- March — Am I Right Or Amarillo — 12-ounce bottles and draft
- April — Mars Double IPA — 12-ounce bottles and draft
- May — Pooltime – Belgian-inspired Wheat Ale brewed with cherry juice —12-ounce bottles and draft
- June — Quinannan Falls — India Pale Lager — 12-ounce bottles and draft
- September — Octoberfest Beer —12-ounce bottles and draft
- September — Hell Hath No Fury…Ale —12-ounce bottles and draft
- September — Special Double Cream Stout — 12-ounce bottles and draft
- September — Roundhouse India Red Ale — 12-ounce bottles and draft
- September — Expedition Stout — 12-ounce bottles and draft
- September — Third Coast Old Ale — 12-ounce bottles and draft
- November — Cherry Stout — 12-ounce bottles and draft
- November — Christmas Ale — 12-ounce bottles and draft
- December — Eccentric Ale — 12-ounce bottles and draft — Bell’s General Store and Eccentric Café release only (Kalamazoo)
In addition, Bell’s eight year-round beers will return, including Amber, Two Hearted, Third Coast Beer, Oatsmobile, Oarsman, Lager of the Lakes, Kalamazoo Stout and Porter.
Finally, the brewery’s three seasonals that include Smitten, Best Brown and Winter White will also return at their normal times.