For its fifth anniversary celebration, Beachwood BBQ and Brewing has decided to release not one, but two different beers.
The first beer to be released is Barrelogenesis, a 13 percent ABV barleywine-style ale that has been aged in bourbon barrels from Kentucky.
The new barleywine is the fifth anniversary beer to be released by the Long Beach, Calif.-based brewery, and the first to be barrel-aged:
- Dank Epoch (10.7 percent ABV) — first anniversary (2012)
- Dank Matter Double IPA (10 percent ABV) — second anniversary (2013)
- Greenshift Double IPA (10 percent ABV) — third anniversary (2014)
- Hopernicus Double India Pale Ale (10 percent ABV) — fourth anniversary (2015)
- Barrelogenesis (13 percent ABV) — fifth anniversary (2016)
In addition, Beachwood will be releasing the newest incarnation of its Barrel Aged Full Malted Jacket, a 12 percent ABV Scottish wee heavy-style ale aged in bourbon barrels that was first released in 2013.
According to a post on Beachwood’s website, both Barrelogenesis and Barrel Aged Full Malted Jacket will be packaged in 22-ounce bottles priced at $20 each and will be released during an event at the brewery on Saturday.