One of Ballast Point Brewing Co.’s most popular beers is getting yet another variant.
This time, it is Unfiltered Sculpin, a 7 percent “extra-hopped” IPA that is being released to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the base beer. As the name implies, the new IPA uses the San Diego, Calif.-based brewery’s Sculpin IPA (7 percent ABV) that was first released in 2006 as a base.
This addition will bring the total of packaged Sculpin variants to five:
- Sculpin (7 percent ABV) — IPA
- Grapefruit Sculpin (7 percent ABV) — IPA brewed with natural grapefruit flavors
- Habanero Sculpin (7 percent ABV) — IPA brewed with habanero peppers
- Unfiltered Sculpin (7 percent ABV) — Extra-hopped IPA
- Pineapple Sculpin (7 percent ABV) — IPA brewed with natural pineapple flavors
According to labels submitted to the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), Unfiltered Sculpin will be a limited release packaged in 12-ounce bottles. An email sent to the brewery for additional information was not immediately returned.