Fans of one of Anchorage Brewing Co.’s most popular beers will have six different incarnations to enjoy this year.
That beer is A Deal with the Devil, a 17.3 percent ABV American-style barleywine aged in cognac barrels that debuted in 2013. While past releases of A Deal With The Devil have been packaged in 750ml bottles, this year’s release will be made up of six different barrel variations packaged in wax-dipped 375ml bottles and sold in a custom wooden box set.
View this post on Instagram
BIG HEADS UP!!! A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL DAY WILL BE OCTOBER 28th!!!! This years release will be VERY special… We will be selling a custom wooden box set containing six different barrel variations. All packaged in wax dipped 375ml bottles. These batches were aged for 16 months. Here are a list of the barrel varieties. Glenmorangie Scotch Whisky Apple Brandy Woodford Reserve Double Oak Rum Cognac A special double oaked version that spent 1 year in Cognac and then was transferred into freshly emptied Woodford Reserver Double Oak for 4 months to add even more complexity. All but one of these are only single cask agings, meaning there won't be much! We will have around 340 box sets available. Stay tuned for more info!!! Cheers, Gabe #craftbeer #barleywine
This year, there will be six different versions of A Deal with the Devil:
- A Deal with the Devil aged for one year in cognac barrels followed by four months in Woodford Reserve Double Oaked barrels
- A Deal with the Devil aged in cognac barrels for 16 months
- A Deal with the Devil aged in Glenmorangie Scotch whisky barrels for 16 months
- A Deal with the Devil aged in Woodford Reserve Double Oaked barrels for 16 months
- A Deal with the Devil aged in apple brandy barrels for 16 months
- A Deal with the Devil aged in rum barrels for 16 months
According to an post on Anchorage’s Instagram page, there will be 430 box sets available for purchase at a price of $300 each when the beers are released at the brewery Oct. 28.