For the first time in five years, Allagash Brewing Co. will be releasing not one, but two new coolship beers.
The first of two new additions to the of Portland, Maine-based brewry’s Coolship Series is Coolship La Mûre, a 7.7 percent ABV spontaneously fermented ale aged in oak barrels with blackberries while the second is Coolship Clermont, a 6.6 percent ABV spontaneously fermented ale aged in bourbon barrels.
With the addition of the new beers, Allagash’s Coolship Series will have six members:
- Coolship Resurgam – 6.3 percent ABV
- Coolship Cerise – 6.4 percent ABV
- Coolship Red – 5.7 percent ABV
- Coolship Balaton – 5.9 percent ABV
- Coolship La Mûre — 7.7 percent ABV
- Coolship Clermont — 6.6 percent ABV
According to a post on Allagash’s Instagram page, both Coolship Clermont and Coolship La Mûre will be packaged in 375ml bottles ($15) and will be available on March 18 with a limit of one bottle of each varietal per person.