One of the final questions about 3 Floyds Brewing Co. Dark Lord Day 2019 has now been answered, as the brewery has posted details about the different variants of the famous stout that will be included in each attendee’s bag.
The annual event taking place on May 18 is the only place where people can get bottles of Dark Lord, a 15 percent ABV Russian imperial stout brewed with coffee, Indian sugar and Mexican vanilla. As was the case last year, attendees who pay the $180 for entrance to the event—which is being held at the brewery—will receive four 22-ounce bottles of 2019 Dark Lord as well as a “rare 2019 Dark Lord variant” included in each pre-packaged bag that were handed to each person at random.
According to a post on 3 Floyd’s website there will be 13 different Dark Lord variants this year:
- (RyeBADL) — Dark Lord aged in rye barrels
- (xBBA xDVR)— Dark Lord aged in bourbon barrels and Divine Rite malt whiskey barrels
- (xRBA xDVR)— Dark Lord aged in rye barrels and Divine Rite malt whiskey barrels
- BBADL — Dark Lord aged in bourbon barrels
- Brosure — Dark Lord aged in ruby red port barrels
- Cavaleiro of Varnov—Dark Lord aged in Calvados barrels
- Chemtrailmix —Dark Lord aged in rye barrels with cinnamon and pink peppercorns
- French Vanilla Militia— Dark Lord aged in Sauternes barrels with vanilla, cocoa nibs and coffee
- Loadstar — Dark Lord aged in Sauternes whiskey barrels with toasted coconut
- Lounge Against The Macromachine — Dark Lord aged in bourbon barrels before being finished in tequila barrels with Mekong cinnamon, cocoa nibs, guajillo peppers and tangerine peel
- Marshmallow Handjee —Bourbon barrel-aged Dark Lord with vanilla beans
- Reptilefund — Dark Lord aged in bourbon barrels and mezcal barrels
- ‘Rrari Crochet — Dark Lord aged in port whiskey barrels with vanilla, freeze-dried strawberries, cocoa nibs and toasted coconut
In addition to the five beers, the $180 fee will include a branded tote bag, entrance to a “metal show” and entrance to the festival itself where more than 50 different breweries will be pouring beers on draft for attendees.