The lemon drop shots recipe is an amazing recipe that you can prepare in less than 5 minutes! It not only goes down very smoothly, but the taste of it is like your favorite sour candy! And you know what the best part is? You need only six ingredients to prepare this amazing cocktail!
You will need granulated sugar, fresh lemon juice, lemon wedges, simple syrup, and vodka to prepare lemon drop shots. You have to use shot glasses, a Hawthorne strainer, and a cocktail shaker as the equipment.
This drink is one of the favorites in many countries and in the USA as well. This drink can be served at any party or celebration. Lemon drop shots are served in some nightclubs too. Let me tell you something more interesting about this amazing cocktail in detail.
What Is The Secret To This Recipe’s Popularity?
There are plenty of reasons for the popularity of lemon drop shots. First of all, it is very easy to prepare. Secondly, it takes very little time. Thirdly, it requires the minimum ingredients and equipment. And lastly, the process of preparing this cocktail is very simple.
Lemon Drop Shot Ingredients
As I said before, you will need six ingredients in order to prepare this drink. These ingredients are easily available, and you can collect them from anywhere. The ingredients are –
- Granulated sugar: 2 tablespoons (for garnishing)
- Fresh lemon juice: 2.5 ounces
- Simple syrup: 2 ounces
- Lemon wedges ( for garnishing)
- Vodka – 3 ounces
- Ice cubes
Granulated sugar and lemon wedges are used to garnish the drink. You can skip these two ingredients if you do not want to garnish your preparation.
Lemon Drop Shots Equipment Needed
As I said, you will need three pieces of equipment. Those are
- Shot glasses: 4 pieces of 2 ounces each
- Cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne strainer
That is it! This is all you need to prepare Lemon Drop Shots.
Method To Make Lemon Drop Shots
Now we have come to the part where I am going to describe to you the process of making this amazing drink called Lemon Drop Shots. Read the instructions very carefully and prepare this amazing cocktail at home for amazing parties!
- Take 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and put it on a shallow plate.
- Rub a lemon wedge through the rim of the shot glasses.
- Dip the rims into the sugar you have put on the shallow plate. Make sure all the parts of the rims are dipped into the sugar.
- Add ice to the shot glasses.
- Add lemon juice to the cocktail shaker.
- Add simple syrup to the cocktail shaker.
- Now add vodka to the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the cocktail shaker for 15 to 30 seconds and make sure the cocktail is vigorously chilled.
- Pour the cocktail into the shot glasses with the help of the Hawthorne strainer.
Lemon Drop Shots: Some Variations
The traditional Lemon Drop Shot is a zesty and cool drink that has long been a favourite of many. For a genuinely thrilling experience, this wonderful beverage blends the tart flavour of lemon with the sweetness of sugar and a kick of vodka. There are a number of intriguing variants to try if you want to shake things up and give this time-tested favourite a new spin. To whet your appetite, try these inventive variants on the Lemon Drop Shot:
Fresh blueberries can be mushed at the bottom of your shot glass before adding vodka, lemon juice, and a little bit of simple syrup for a fruity twist. For a burst of berry sweetness, shake it up and strain.
Blueberry Bliss Lemon Drop Shot: For a fruity twist, muddle some fresh blueberries at the bottom of your shot glass before adding the lemon juice, vodka, and a touch of simple syrup. Shake it up and strain for a burst of berry goodness.
Coconut Citrus Lemon Drop Shot: A tropical twist on the traditional can be achieved by combining coconut-flavored vodka with lemon juice and a touch of coconut cream. For an added tropical touch, shaved coconut can be used to rim the glass.
Honey Ginger Lemon Drop Shot: By including a bit of grated ginger and a splash of honey in your Lemon Drop Shot, you may make it more chilly. The flavours of sweet, tart, and spicy are harmoniously incorporated into this variant.
Cucumber Mint Lemon Drop Shot: Before pouring your lemon juice and vodka, muddle some mint leaves and fresh cucumber slices in the glass. For a hot summer day, this cool and refreshing variety is ideal.
By blending raspberries and adding them to your Lemon Drop Shot mixture, you can add a splash of brilliant colour and flavour. Raspberries’ sour flavour blends perfectly with the goodness of lemon.
Chili Mango Lemon Drop Shot: For those who want things fiery, try a splash of chili-infused vodka and a dash of mango puree in your Lemon Drop Shot. Your taste receptors will tingle after tasting this spicy-sweet combo.
Lavender Lemon Drop Shot: Add dried lavender flowers to your simple syrup for a fragrant and refined take on the traditional. The delicate floral undertones of the lavender are a perfect match for the lemon.
Don’t forget to rim your shot glasses with sugar when experimenting with these Lemon Drop Shot variations for that distinctive sweet and sour contrast. These varieties give a pleasant variety of tastes to discover, whether you prefer a fruity, spicy, or herbal twist. So select your components, be creative, and raise a glass to the Lemon Drop Shot’s limitless potential!
Expert Tips For This Shot
- The first thing you should take care of is the drink must be icy cold. So please use ice cubes and shake the mixture of simple syrup, vodka/white rum, gin, tequila, and freshly squeezed lemon juice, Sprite, 7-Up, Lollipop, and other lemon sodas pretty well.
- The recipe I have shared is for 4 shots. If your requirement is lesser or greater, then you have to decrease or increase the amount of the ingredients, respectively.
- Always use a Hawthorne strainer to pour the shots from the cocktail shaker into the shot glasses.
- Though you can use lemon soda, I would like to suggest you use freshly squeezed lemon juice. It will add to the taste of the drink.
- If you do not have simple syrup, you can use sugar instead of simple syrup.
Lemon Drop Shots Recipe And Serving Time
Frankly speaking, you should serve these lemon drop shots 5 to 10 minutes before dinner. It has some scientific reasons, too. The lemon used in this drink will aid you in the digestion process. It will prevent the preexisting stomach acid from diluting. It will also help maintain stomach acid levels.
So the best time to serve this drink is 5 to 10 minutes prior to dinner.
Now let us focus on the nutritional values of the drink. Here I am going to explain the nutritional values of lemon drop shots. Read them to learn about the nutrition you will get if you take lemon drop shots.
Nutritional values in Serving: 1 shot
- Calories: 91kcal
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Fat: 0.04g
- Saturated Fat: 0.01g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.003g
- Sodium: 9mg
- Potassium: 27mg
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sugar: 11g
- Vitamin A: 1 IU
- Vitamin C: 7mg
- Calcium: 3mg
- Iron: 1mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is a lemon drop shot made of in a bar?
Ans. It contains simple syrup, freshly squeezed lemon juice, ice cubes, and vodka/white rum, or tequila. They use lemon wedges and granulated sugar as garnish.
Q2. What’s a lemon drop made of?
Ans. It is made of tequila/white rum, gin, vodka, simple syrup, lemon juice, and ice cubes.
Q3. How do I make a shot of vodka?
- You can garnish the drink with lemon wedges by putting those on the rim of each shot glass instead of using the granulated sugar and lemon wedges on the rims of the shot glasses.
- If you are not really a fan of vodka, you can use white rum, gin, or tequila as the shooter in the cocktail.
- If you do not like freshly squeezed lemon juice, you can use lemon sodas like Sprite, 7-Up, or Olipop.
- If you do not want to waste time garnishing the drink, you can simply skip the garnishing part of the recipe. The drink will still be delicious.
Q4. How much does a lemon drop shot cost at a bar?
Ans. It depends on which bar you are in. Generally, it can cost from $1.87 to $189.49.
The Final Words
Now you know the recipe for lemon drop shots, the ingredients, and the equipment needed to prepare these shots. So, arrange a party, make the most of it, and before serving dinner, serve this amazing cocktail just to add a cherry on top to the party! Have a blast this weekend!