Take off for a morning adventure with this easy-to-make but incredibly delicious Breakfast Shot recipe! It has just three ingredients and is meant to give you a real boost in the morning.
A delightful harmony of flavors is created by the unexpected combination of zesty orange juice, sweet butterscotch schnapps, and smooth Irish whiskey. Finally, a crispy bacon garnish gives this unusual shooter a savory twist. It’s a tasty and unexpected way to get your morning routine going.
What Makes This Recipe So Popular?
This amazing drink tastes really delicious and it is very easy to prepare also. It gives you a lot of energy and gives you a perfect start! You can start your day with a bang after taking this shot at your breakfast.
It gives you enough calories which helps you to complete the rest of the day’s work. And this is why this particular shot is so very popular and loved by everyone.
Breakfast Shot Recipe Ingredients
As I said before, you will need a total of 5 ingredients. I am going to tell you what you will need to make this drink here.
- Irish Whisky
I would like to recommend Jameson Irish Whisky in order to prepare this shot.
- Butterscotch Schnapps
- Orange Juice
Bacon is used to garnish the drink. This is an optional ingredient.
- Ice cubes
Breakfast Shot Recipe Equipment
Here in this part of this write-up, I am going to tell you what equipment you will need to make the amazing breakfast shot for your breakfast.
You will need –
- Shot glasses
- Shaking glass
- Hawthrone strainer
Method To Make Breakfast Shots
Here I am going to describe to you the best method to prepare breakfast shots. Please read them and apply the steps to make your favorite breakfast shot.
- Combine Ingredients: In a shaker, add the Irish whiskey, butterscotch schnapps, and orange juice.
- Shake: Shake the mixture well to ensure it’s thoroughly mixed.
- Serve: Pour the shaken mixture into a shot glass.
- Garnish and Enjoy: If you’re using bacon as a garnish, place a strip of cooked bacon alongside or over the shot glass. Take the shot and then enjoy the bacon as a savory follow-up.
- Maple Twist: Replace butterscotch schnapps with maple syrup or maple-flavored liqueur. This variation adds a rich, syrupy sweetness, reminiscent of a hearty breakfast.
- Coffee Lovers’ Edition: Add a splash of cold brew coffee or coffee liqueur. This is perfect for those who enjoy the kick of coffee with their alcohol.
- Fruity Fun: Swap out the orange juice for another type of fruit juice like apple or cranberry. This simple change can significantly alter the flavor profile, offering a new tasting experience.
- Creamy Delight: After pouring the shot, add a splash of half-and-half or a dollop of whipped cream on top. This creates a smoother, creamier texture and taste.
- Spicy Wake-Up: Introduce a small dash of hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper before shaking. This adds a spicy element, perfect for those who like a bit of heat.
When To Serve Breakfast Shot Recipe
You must take it right after you finish making this shot. Pour the shots into shot glasses and serve at your breakfast table along with some other solid foods. Make sure that the breakfast you are having along with this breakfast shot gives you enough calories so that you can get more energy for the rest of the day.
Now I am going to share the nutritional value of this breakfast shot.
- Serving size – 3 ounces
- Carbs – 14 grams
- Fat – 0 grams
- Protein – 0 grams
- Calories – 155
Expert Tips For This Shot
- Always remember that the drink must be icy cold. Use enough ice and shake the shaking glass pretty well.
- You have to take the shot as soon as you finish preparing it.
- Do not just take breakfast shots. Eat some solid food as well. Otherwise, it can backfire on you.
- Do not be addicted to this drink. It can be harmful if you get addicted to this shot.
- You should not use white alcohol like gin, white rum, vodka, or tequila to make this drink.
Q1. What is a breakfast shot made of?
Ans. You will need Irish whisky, orange juice, butterscotch schnapps, ice cubes, and bacon (for garnishing) in order to make a breakfast shot.
Q2. What’s in a mind eraser shot?
Ans. You will need vodka, soda water, coffee liquor, and ice cubes in order to make a mind eraser shot.
Q3. What is a shot of Jameson?
Ans. If you use Jameson Irish Whisky as the shooter in a shot, then the shot is called the shot of Jameson.
The Final Words
Now that you know the recipe to prepare breakfast shots, you should not face any difficulties when you try to make your favorite breakfast shot. Prepare the shot and be ready for your entire day!