Lakewood Brewing Co. has announced details for this year’s Bourbon Barrel Temptress.
Bottles of the barrel-aged stout will begin shipping on Dec. 12, while the brewery will hold a ticketed event on Dec. 10 for fans to try the beer for the first time.
Bourbon Barrel Temptress 2016 is an 11 percent ABV stout which uses the brewery’s popular Temptress imperial milk stout (9.1 percent ABV) as a base before being aged for “roughly seven months” in freshly-used barrels from Breckenridge Distillery.
It will be sold in 22-ounce bottles, though production numbers have not been announced as the beer has still not been bottled.
This is the fifth annual release of Bourbon Barrel Temptress:
- Bourbon Barrel Temptress 2012 — Draft-Only, Bulleit barrels
- Bourbon Barrel Temptress 2013 (10.2 percent ABV) — Bulleit barrels
- Bourbon Barrel Temptress 2014 (9.8 percent ABV) — Old Forester barrels
- Bourbon Barrel Temptress 2015 (11.3 percent ABV) — Heaven Hill barrels
- Bourbon Barrel Temptress 2016 (11 percent ABV) — Breckenridge barrels
For the Dec. 10 event Lakewood is selling tickets for $25, which include three pours and a glass, or $20 for just three pours and no glass. Due to state law, the brewery cannot fill growlers or sell bottles for off-site consumption.
Tickets will go on sale on Friday, Nov. 25.