Small Town Brewery has released beer based on a classic southern beverage’s turn before, and now a variant is in the works.
According to a label filed with Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB), Small Town Brewery will be releasing Not Your Mom’s Iced Tea, a 5 percent ABV ale brewed with “natural tea” and raspberry flavors.
The Wauconda, Ill.-based brewery was founded by Tim Kovac in 2010, who had been home brewing for over two decades and has released, announced or flied labels for nine beers in the same vein:
- Not Your Father’s Root Beer (5.9 percent ABV)
- Not Your Father’s Ginger Ale (5.9 percent ABV)
- Not Your Father’s Vanilla Cream Ale (4.1 percent ABV)
- Not Your Mom’s Apple Pie Ale (5.5 percent ABV)
- Not Your Mom’s Strawberry Rhubarb (5.9 percent ABV)
- Not Your Mom’s Iced Tea (5 percent ABV)
- Not Your Father’s Mountain Ale (5 percent ABV)
- Not Your Father’s Citrus Brew (5 percent ABV)
According to the beer labels, Not Your Mom’s Iced Tea will be packaged in both 12-ounce bottles and 24-ounce cans, although 12-ounce cans have followed three previous released versions at later dates. An email sent to the brewery for additional information was not immediately returned.