There is at least one surprise in New Glarus Brewing Co.’s Thumbprint Series for next year.
According to a spokesperson for the New Glarus, Wis.-based brewery, Strawberry Rhubarb will be joining the annual series next year packaged in four-packs of 12-ounce bottles. The fruit beer debuted in the summer 2013 but was discontinued in early 2015. It has previously been packaged in 750ml bottles.
2017 Beer Scheduled leaked by Deb today. We’ll look forward to the return of Cabin Fever, Snowshoe, Road Slush, Dancing Man, Bubbler, Blacktop, strawberry rhubarb in 4-packs, cherry stout, Enigma, Berliner Weisse, & others!
See this Instagram photo by @newglarusbrewing * 428 likes
In terms of beers, Spotted Cow, Moon Man, Two Women, Wisconsin Belgian Red, Raspberry Tart and Serendipity remain year round releases, while there are eight different seasonal releases:
- Cabin Fever — January – April
- Totally Naked — March – August
- Staghorn — August – October
- Snowshoe — October – December
- Road Slush — January – Mid-April
- Dancing Man Wheat — Mid-March – Mid-July
- Bubbler — Mid-June – Mid-October
- Black Top — Mid-September – Mid-December
In addition, there will be seven different Thumbprint releases, including the aforementioned Strawberry Rhubarb:
- Scream IIPA — Year-Round
- Apple Ale — January – Mid-March
- Enigma — January – Mid-May
- Strawberry Rhubarb — Mid-February – Mid-July
- Berliner Weisse — Mid-April – Mid-September
- Cherry Stout — Mid-June – Mid-December
- Spotted Cow Grand Cru — Mid-August – December
Finally, as was the case this year, there will be three R&D releases: one on June 9 during Polkafest, a second on August 11 during the Great Taste of the Midwest and the last on Sept. 22 during the brewery’s Oktoberfest celebration.