Clown Shoes Beer’s first triple IPA to be bottled is being shipped exclusively to Texas next month.
Tony The Emperor Of The Equator is a 10.5 percent ABV triple IPA brewed with Azecca and Mosaic hops that uses the Ipswich, Mass.-based brewery’s Space Cake IPA (9 percent ABV) as its base, but adds the aforementioned Azacca hops as well as more alcohol. The new IPA commemorates Tony Villarreal, who is the brewery’s brand manger for the state of Texas.
Clown Shoes has bottled five previous variants of Space Cake so far:
- Space Cake (9 percent ABV) — Double IPA brewed with Mosaic hops
- Lemon Drop Space Cake (9 percent ABV) — Double IPA which replaced the normal Mosaic hops found in the beer with lemon drop hops and was released exclusively in the state of Connecticut
- Vic Secret Space Cake (10 percent ABV) — Double IPA brewed with Mosiac hops before being dry-hopped with Vic Secret hops from Australia
- Space Cake #7 (7.77 percent ABV) — Double IPA brewed with Mosaic hops and dry-hopped with seven different varietals: centennial, Citra, Ella, Galaxy, Idaho 7, Mosaic, and nelson sauvin
- Pineapple Space Cake (7.5 percent ABV) — Double IPA brewed with Mosaic hops and fresh pineapple puree
According to posts on Clown Shoes’ Facebook page, Tony The Emperor Of The Equator will be packaged in 22-ounce bottles and will be available exclusively to retailers in the state of Texas in early June.